Blue & White Decorative Tweed Ramie Blend280-002-RamieB-LBlue-OTR
A thick but lightweight, warm fabric, made from a blend of 55% Ramie, a sustainable fibre, and 45% cotton. With a distinctive, intricate weave, the textile has a pattern reminiscent of the Linton Tweed (used exclusively by Chanel) and looks almost like a wool. Created with variable yarn-dyed threads in a light baby blue and white, the fabric has a beautiful texture.
As this fabric is made of natural fibres, it is 100% naturally biodegradable.
- A matured ramie plant has huge roots, and, unlike many fibres, once planted, harvesters only need to cut the stems above the ground, leaving it to grow back and continue the cycle for more than twenty years. Even linen has to be replanted every year.
- It doesn’t require irrigation, as it survives on rainwater, and doesn't need draining.
- It also doesn't require pesticides to grow - one of the most damaging aspects of conventional cotton.
- It's very easy to maintain, as it can be planted where other crops such as corn or rice grow.
- Because it's fast-growing, ramie can also be harvested up to six times a year, so it is a much more sustainable raw material compared to those that can only be harvested twice annually.
- Ramie is incredibly durable, resistant to mildew and odour resistant - so it has added benefits when made into home furnishing or clothing products.
To care for your product
Suitable for the washing machine & tumble dryer.
Turn the machine down to 30 degrees for a more environmentally friendly wash. In Europe alone, if every household turned its washing temperature down to 30°C, we could save 12 million tons of CO2 a year
BackPacks, Bags, Bath Robes, Blinds, Curtains & Pelmets, Jackets & Cloaks, Machine Sewing, Soft Furnishings, Suits, Table Runner, Trousers & Shorts, Winter Skirts & Dresses
|Country of Origin:||Poland|