Smooth Black Microfibre PU Leather410-PU-Black-Smooth-OTR
This faux leather is black, lightweight, flexible, breathable and strong. It has a soft brushed back and a subtle textured leather-like face.
Mycro© is a state-of-the-art microfiber with a structure very similar to that of natural leather and suede. Its softness, lightness, breathability, water and stain resistance provide high performance, comfort and very credible leather-looking products. The textile is also durable enough that it is suitable for footwear and accessories. Mycro© holds the EU Ecolabel and are REACH and ISO9001 compliant.
The producers work responsibly when it comes to their energy use, workforce and waste, for example:
- Clean energy is provided by photo-voltaic installations which reduces CO2 emissions.
- They have installed water recycling facilities.
- They train their workforce in operational safety.
- Raw materials are chosen based on their criteria of environmental sustainability.
Other certifications held include UNI EN ISO: 9001:2008, UNI EN ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 which guarantee high quality and safety standards with significant attention to both the environment and workforce health.
One of the main issues with using fake alternatives to leather is that they are usually derived from chlorine-based PVC. PVC is the least recyclable plastic due to the range of chemicals used in its production. Currently under 1% of PVC is recycled. The production of PVC generates a substantial amount of pollution and environmental concerns including:
- Realising dioxins into the environment which are harmful to humans and can cause cancer, reproductive and immune system problems. Dioxins are also bioaccumulative so come into contact with humans in our food, especially fats in meats and fish.
- The production of chlorine, one of the main ingredients of PVC, emits mercury and asbestos.
- To stabilise PVC, manufacturers use lead and other pathates which are released during the disposal of the product. Residual lead is also a common trait of PVC, which is absorbable by the skin.
To care for your product
Polyurethane is more easily cleaned than normal leather. Soak a cloth or sponge in warm water and wipe off dust, dirt and other debris. This is sufficient for daily care and lightly soiled surfaces. For tougher stains, use unscented soap to ensure no chemicals or possible residue will affect the leather. Rub the soap bar, liquid soap or a dish detergent into the mark, and wipe away any residue soap with a wet cloth to avoid soap damage on the material. Leave to dry.
Aprons, Backpacks, Bags, Belts, Blinds, Curtains & Pelmets, Flags, Hand Sewing, Handkerchiefs, Scarves & Neckwear, Machine Sewing, Napkins, Placemats, Shirts, Soft Furnishings, Summer Skirts & Dresses, Shoes, Table Runner, Tea Cosy & Door Stops, Toys, Trousers & Shorts, Upholstery
|Country of Origin:||Italy|
|Eco Credentials:||Animal Cruelty-Free, Low Energy, Low Water Usage, VOC-Free, Chlorine-Free, Solvent-Free.|
|Accreditors:||REACH, ISO9001, UNI EN ISO: 9001:2008, UNI EN ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007|